Due to concerns for the health and safety of participants and staff, and following directed guidelines for groups, we are postponing the April 2020 TTS Class and the CEU Saturday event until further notice.
We will re-schedule for a later date.We will be reaching out to those who have registered and offering either a seat at the next training/event or if requested a refund. For questions please contact Joyce at 614-260-5611.
Tobacco Treatment Specialist Certification Training
April 27 – April 30, 2020: POSTPONED
NEXT CLASS October 5 – October 8, 2020
If you would like to be added to our mailing list, to receive reminders about up-coming training programs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Renew your CTTS Certification:
Your CTTS certification must be renewed every two years, from the time of your initial certification. To learn about the recertification process CLICK HERE. Recertification requires confirmation of 18 CEU credit hours obtained within the last two years. The fee is $100. Please click on the Recertification below to complete your application and email, fax or mail to Joyce Johnson at email@example.com or 614-437-1530.
What is a Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist? Click here to learn more.
Continuing Professional Development
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Ohio State Medical Association (OSMA) and The Breathing Association. The OSMA is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The OSMA designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 30.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Through their reciprocity agreements, many licensing, credentialing and professional organizations, such as the Ohio Board of Nursing, State Medical Board of Ohio, accept courses and hour for hour credits from any provider who is ACCME accredited and awards AMA PRA Category 1™ credit.
As a provider accredited by the ACCME, it is the policy of the Ohio State Medical Association to require disclosure of the existence of any financial relationship a faculty or planning committee member has/had with a commercial interest entity. Also, no commercial support was received to produce this education.
- Gretchen Hammond, PhD, MSW, LSW, TTS, LCDC III Managing Partner, Mighty Crow Media (committee and faculty) – No financial relationships
- Thomas Houston, MD (committee and faculty) – Consultant with Pfizer (activity topic does not relate to consulting relationship)
- Joyce Johnson, RCP, TTS, Director of Outreach and Cessation Services, The Breathing Association (committee) – No financial relationships
- Mandy McGlone, MS, LCDC III, OCPS II, TTS, Managing Partner, Mighty Crow Media (committee) – No financial relationships
- Joanne Spoth, RN, President and CEO, The Breathing Association (committee) – No financial relationships
- Chizimuzo (Zim) Okoli, PhD, MPH, MSN, RN (faculty) – No financial relationships